Monday, November 1, 2010

It's November??? Really???

One of my goals for the year was to start a blog about my adventures in homemaking and my journey to become a Proverbs 31 woman.  Because I wasn't finding time to do it, I set a goal of November 1 to start.  That was on October 21 when I did the first steps in creating this blog.  Where did the ten days between then and now go?  As I was reading through my blogs I follow on Google reader, I realized this was the first of November!  So although it is past midnight on the east coast, here in the central time zone I still have 13 minutes to meet my deadline!  LOL

We live at the end of Apple Creek and although we are in a huge city, we have a little piece of country because of the way our lot is shaped.  I am a country girl at heart so it's great to have an uncommonly large lot that keeps us from seeing any backyard neighbors and a creek forming our southern boundary which keeps neighbors a long way away. I promise I'm not antisocial, I just like the country feel!

Because of my health, I had to retire at the early age of 53.  My body may have let me down but I intend to do as many of the things that the healthy me had planned to do when I retired as I possibly can.  I hope that you will join me in our little cove and walk with me through the retirement years as I learn to quilt, start sewing my own clothing after too long away from the sewing machine and begin to cook from scratch again like I did when the kids were small.

I have 7 minutes left to tell you that you'll find recipes, patterns and my ideas on becoming the woman that God wants me to be here.  If you're offended by talk about the Bible and my awesome God, this may not be the place for you but you are  more than welcome to be a part of our family on Apple Creek Cove.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.